Find the answer to your Linux question:
anyone got any info for a Digital PCXBV-RM 14" monitor, like refresh, sync rates, etc? or where can i download such a driver? it's not in the Linux monitor list. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Digital PCXBV-RM

anyone got any info for a Digital PCXBV-RM 14" monitor, like refresh, sync rates, etc? or where can i download such a driver?

it's not in the Linux monitor list. i selected generic non-interlaced monitor, 1024x768@60hz for now. might cause damage to the monitor, but it seems to be ok the past 2 days it has been running.

Linux Engineer
    Dont your genereic setup workes?? Or do you get bad resolution??
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    As long as this monitor isn't really bad, I wouldn't think that it will take any damage from 1024x768@60Hz.
    In any case, I couldn't find anything for your monitor, but the 15" variant is capable of 1280x1024. Furthermore, somewhat modern monitors simply enter power management mode when the frequencies are out of range.

Linux User
    it works, but it would be better if it were the right monitor driver, right? would you consider this monitor as "modern?" it's kinda old. i think it was manfactured in 95. i think.

anyways, are you sure it won't damage my old monitor?

Linux Guru
    Except for what Winbloze is trying to make you believe, there aren't really any "drivers" for monitors. The only things that are monitor-specific are the sync frequencies, and that's really just a table of numeric values, not a driver.

Anyway, as long as the monitor's output doesn't look weird or you're using some very high vsync frequency, then it would be very strange if it would get damaged. And, no, 60Hz is not a very high frequency. I don't want to be the one responsible for your monitor breaking, but if this were me, then I wouldn't worry.

Linux User
    ok then! thanks! i thought you'd say that. it's really doing fine. one week and nothing's wrong.