Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am looking for a very minimal install. I dont like the Debian NetInstall (adds too much extra stuff) and I don't really like any of the pre-rolled ones. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install Morphix Base Iso

Hello, I am looking for a very minimal install. I dont like the Debian NetInstall (adds too much extra stuff) and I don't really like any of the pre-rolled ones. So, I figured I would make my own.

I want MorphixBase-0.5-pre5 as my starting point, but I just can't figure out how to install it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

oz
    forum.guy

Re: Install Morphix Base Iso

Quote Originally Posted by MJRehrig
    Hello, I am looking for a very minimal install. I dont like the Debian NetInstall (adds too much extra stuff) and I don't really like any of the pre-rolled ones. So, I figured I would make my own.

I want MorphixBase-0.5-pre5 as my starting point, but I just can't figure out how to install it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Sorry I can't help with the MorphixBase thingy, but I'm curious about what you mean regarding the Debian netinstall installing too much stuff? What extra things is it installing?

Just Joined!
    Well, It is just installing things that I dont feel that I will ever need. It also installs stuff that I didn't ask it to, such as: ftp, gcc compilers, all kinds of gnome and kde libs (I chose XFCE4), and even when I installed XFCE4 it added all kinds of themes and I think it even added the entire "goodies" package for XFCE4.

Maybe I will post this in the Debian section if I don't get help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    There should be an option in the morphix control panel to install to harddrive. I have morphix installed on a computer, but I don't use it much (the install itself shouldn't be too hard, though).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    Yes, there is an option in the graphical versions, but the base iso is well..uh...basic: no gui or anything graphical.

Don't know about the CLI, unfortunatley the morphix site is a bit light on documentation. If you want a debian-based sistem with very little installed you could go with damn small linux. Or possibly linux from scratch, though that might be a bit harder.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com