Find the answer to your Linux question:
so illl post i here. i was going through the installatiion following the guide on lynx. when after i did the "emerge sync" step....the lynx command stoped working....it either stoped ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

ok i posted this on the gentoo forums but no one replied.

so illl post i here.

i was going through the installatiion following the guide on lynx. when after i did the "emerge sync" step....the lynx command stoped working....it either stoped working after that or after "source /etc/profile" but i think it was because of "emerge sync" made me verry mad because then i had to reboot into here again......anyone know why it did this?

Linux Guru
    Huh? The emerge sync couldn't do anything to lynx as far as I can imagine. What exactly happens when you try to start lynx?

Linux User
    ok heres the deal...i was following the guide...did exactly what they said...i did emerge sync then went to bed while it did that(i was dead tired) theni get up and continue doing the process did env-update and source /etc/profile and then when i typed "lynx" to go back to the guide....it gave me the bash.....no such command or whatever...

Linux Guru
    Have you tried running "emerge lynx"?

Linux User
    wow...lol i didnt think of that...ill try that when i attempt the install again later thanks

Linux User
    Dude you were supposed to be running lynx in another console. Right now you're in your new chrooted environment that has nothing installed on it. Use alt f2 to open a new console, which will be running on the livecd, and use alt f1 to switch back. Sorry I should have made that clear last night.

Linux User
    actually i cant get a login to work on the other terminals. :\ i hear that it wont work till i set a password so unless i get told otherwise im just goona go for that.

Linux Guru
    You should set a root password for the LiveCD first thing you do; it won't affect the chrooted environment. That way you'll be able to log in to the others as well.

Linux User
    ok thanks im going to go for it again tonight
    if i need anymore help..ill keep in contact with lynx