Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can some one give me some guidance? I am trying to complie a new kernel with xconfig. I am using an A7V133 by asus. Trying to complie ata raid support ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

xconfig problem

Can some one give me some guidance? I am trying to complie a new kernel with xconfig. I am using an A7V133 by asus. Trying to complie ata raid support into the kernel. For some reason I cannot select support for ide raid and promise controllers. They will not allow me to select them. I have tried selecting every parent group above but to no avail thanks in advance

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure, but I think IDE RAID is still experimental. If so, you'll also need to enable "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers" under "Code maturity level options". That option doesn't change anything in the kernel, it will only allow you to select experimental drivers. Note that experimental doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't work, it can also mean that it's a little unstable, doesn't support all feature that the hardware offers or that it just isn't tested well enough to be called official.

Just Joined!
    Thanks. I did notice something when I tried menuconfig it will let me choose it. However I got all kinds of errors when I compiled. Thanks for your help!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close