Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Ahh....sorry u really have to tell me everything eh...hehe here is what it states: file -Ls /dev/md/0 /dev/md/0: empty...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ahh....sorry u really have to tell me everything eh...hehe

here is what it states:

file -Ls /dev/md/0
    /dev/md/0: empty

Linux Guru
    I really wish that I had a RAID chip on my mobo so that I can check it out how it really works. That really wasn't any of the answers that I was expecting.

When you set up this RAID array, did you do that in the BIOS, or in a Windows program, or did it just fix itself?

Just Joined!

raid arrray

um yeah when i plugged the card in and turned the pC on i configured the hard drive to raid 0 in the bios. and then installed the driver (well it was prompted for my windows when it started)

Linux Guru
    I would have expected the RAID array to appear as a drive, not the individual hard drives.
    I just checked a little about this on the internet, and it appears that the driver isn't really complete. While it can detect the hard drives, it has problems building the RAID array. You might find this mail to the Linux Kernel Mailing List useful to you:
    http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-L...3-07/2277.html

Just Joined!

applying patch

I found a patch at http://www.infowares.com/linux/

it says its for the silicon image 3112 and others including the CMD680 which is mine...

firstly perhaps u can tell be whether i should give this patch a go
    secondly how do i install it.....??

p.s. i have minor knowledge of kdevelop if it is needed to compile it to install??

thanks heaps dolda2000

Linux Guru
    That probably isn't too easy. To install the patch, you need the kernel source code. And after you have installed the patch, you need to compile the kernel and install that new kernel. If you haven't done that before, you might be in over your head.
    If you want to try, though, it is of course possible. There is an earlier post which describes just about every aspect of kernel compiling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2