Find the answer to your Linux question:
I plan on adding Ubuntu and Gentoo to my system. currently running FC 3. How hard is this going to be? I have a copy of Qparted, Still new to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Addtional Distros

I plan on adding Ubuntu and Gentoo to my system. currently running FC 3. How hard is this going to be? I have a copy of Qparted, Still new to linux so pls bear with me.

thanks in advance

Linux Engineer
    As long as you have sufficient disk space (let's say, 5 GB for each distro), a swap space & /home partition can be shared among the three. Install the distro, skip the bootloader install part, boot up the first installed distro, and add the necessary boot lines to grub or lilo. Piece of cake
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    I currently have the drives 2x160 satas as an LVM any problems with this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Should be feasible, it's all about free space. You can install 4 distro's on 20 Gb if you want, just depends how big and how many your partitions are
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    Can someone recommend a good partitioning pkg? My Qparted download won't allow me to resize my partitions.

Thanks in advance

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    ....a swap space & /home partition can be shared among the three...
    Right on the swap space, but others here have advised against sharing the /home/yourname directory since that holds configuration files which may not be cross-compatible between distros. I guess if you had a /home partition and then a /home/me-on-Ubuntu directory and a /home/me-on-FC3 directory, etc, that would be okay. Or, better, I think, would be to have /home/me in the root ( / ) partition for each distro and then a separate /mysharedfiles partition that would be mounted under /home/me.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better