Find the answer to your Linux question:
i 'm using red hat 8, Riptide Audio Controller, Nvidia Riva TNT 8MB Graphic card. After install RH8, i got no sound, and game Chromium run very very slow cant ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sound and Chromium game problem in Red hat 8.0

i 'm using red hat 8, Riptide Audio Controller, Nvidia Riva TNT 8MB Graphic card.
    After install RH8, i got no sound, and game Chromium run very very slow cant play.
    Then i update those 2 driver, from Conextant and Nvidia.com.
    Now my sound work great, but everytime i run yahoo messenger, i got continuous sound. look like the sound of the messenger.
    Now my game Chromium work great i can play now, but i can not quit game, even i cannot close the window. look like it hang and crash. If no solution, any one help me how to terminate that process??Thank for help

Linux Guru
    I'm afraid that I have no idea what that riptide audio controller is about, so I can't help you with that.
    Terminating a process is easy, though. Go to a virtual terminal (press CTRL+ALT+F1 in X), log in and terminate it. I assume you know your way around the shell, since you've installed drivers and stuff.
    If not anything else, you can probably (unless it has been turned off by configuration) make the X server terminate by pressing CTRL+ALT+Backspace.
    Of course, you shouldn't have to, but I have no alternative solution at this time.