Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello..I've installed elx biz desktop linux on my already existing windows machine. after restarting the computer and selecting the linux option from the boot loader...I get a flash screen saying ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux not Booting

Hello..I've installed elx biz desktop linux on my already existing windows machine.
    after restarting the computer and selecting the linux option from the boot loader...I get a flash screen saying ELX biz desktop and after that..my comp gets restarted...this happens every time...please help.

Just Joined!

Check your system setup

cheeck your BIOS update, i faced similar problem when installing FC4 on my windows machine, after i updated the BIOS from HP website and then when the system startup press space bar and then may you can boot into windows first and then try to boot into linux

Just Joined!

Found out the solution

hii..thanks for the help..i'll check out for the bios update..my too is a HP pc..
    but greatly..i solved the problem in other way:

I passed a kernel argument at the time of boot as 'linux acpi=off'..It worked
    I dunno what this acpi=off does..but it worked..im able to boot successfully..

It basically tells the kernel to turn off power management. This is acpi: http://www.acpi.info/

Just Joined!
    But in what way does the "kernel turning the power management" is related with the OS not booting thing??