Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok im not sure but is a src.rpm file just the source code or is it accually able to be run im still kinda confused on the linux file system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

updates

ok im not sure but is a src.rpm file just the source code or is it accually able to be run im still kinda confused on the linux file system and how updates are ran and just how files work in general if you know of any good pages i can go to to buff up on some of this stuff then let me know.

thanks again
    fragment
    I00I0I

Just Joined!

one more thing

oh yeah one other question can i use ctrl+alt+f1 as often as ide like or is it just a debugging thing ??

Linux User
    ctrl+alt+f1/2/3/4 is all terminals NO different then any you might use in the GUI .... they are probly better actually. but if you dont know how to get back into the GUI its alt f7....and you dont really need ctrl in those commands. and i think that src.rpm is just a rolled source.....but im not sure.. seeing as i dont download anything with .rpm in it. i do everything from source

Linux Guru
    .src.rpm do contain source code, but they also contain an automatic build script. I don't remember the command exactly, but I think it is "rpmb --rebuild filename.src.rpm". If you run that, it will take the source code and produce a real .i386.rpm, that you can install as you usually would. Source RPMs are especially favored to distribute drivers, since the end user can easily rebuild the kernel interface to match his/her own kernel.

Like bmxface said, the text terminals certainly aren't for debugging, they're just like any other terminal. I prefer to be working in X since you get higher resolution and therefore more characters simultaneously on the screen.

Just Joined!
    ok well i need ro learn more on linux commands but thanks to dolda and his sugesstion elsewhere in this forum on www.linuxcommand.org this looks like it will be able to help on what the commands do in the terminal and i really need to learn programing (btw... what lanuage is linux in C or C++ and im sure it supports lots of lanuages) so i can compile thise programs and start hacking stuff

thnaks again
    fragment
    I00I0I

Linux Guru
    A GNU/Linux system supports a multitude of languages, include but not limited to, C, C++, FORTRAN, ADA and Java through GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection (originally the GNU C Compiler).
    The Linux kernel itself is written in C (with some assembler for booting and low level I/O calls). Most other system components are also written in C.