Find the answer to your Linux question:
when i click on the (?) circle with question mark thingy ... it says my system isnt registered with the RHN ... but when I click on Register with RHN ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Update in RedHat

when i click on the (?) circle with question mark thingy ... it says my system isnt registered with the RHN ... but when I click on Register with RHN ... nothing happens ... so I cant register.

And if i have to register with a product key, where do i find that? My dad purchased an AustralianPCWorldMinibook:Linux Pack, and I couldnt find a product key anywhere. ... I dont know what to do .. can anyone help?

Linux Engineer
    Do you have access to the internet?? You have to create a rhn-account on redhats homepage to be able to download and install redhat rpm-packages.
    Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    hmmm ... ok

well is there anyway i can get it to download from Linux instead of in the web brouser ...
    im using 128k adsl ... so its always connected

Linux Engineer
    u dotn HAVE to download stuff from redhat. rpm.pbone.net has rpms for alsmot everything

Linux Guru
    RHN has changed their SSL certificate, so you need to upgrade up2date to use it. See rhn.redhat.com for details.

Just Joined!
    ok thanks alot guys ... i will have a look at that

thanks again
    Mark

Just Joined!
    uhhh i dont see a up2date for me it just has the src and ones for the i386 i have a 686 i dont think this matters but i dont want to mess anyhting up bu running it if it will soooo plz let me know

fragment
    I00I0I

Linux Engineer
    I dont really understand what you want?? Do you want to set up redhat up2date??
    Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    yeah i need to update the ssl certiface its got the updates for a i386 but i have a Pentium centrino 2.0 when it boots it says its a i686 i dont really see the differance threre probally just stating its not a sun system or what ever but i just wanted to be sure befor i try to install it and mess something up (i seem to be go at that)

fragment
    I00I0I

Linux Guru
    Ah, then I get it. Yeah, you can safely install i386 RPMs. i686 is backwards compatible with i386; that's why most RPMs are released as i386.