Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a Logitech USB wireless keyboard and mouse combo. When I start the installation for Mandrake 9.1 they are both recognised up to the point where I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB devices not recognised during installation

Hi,

I have a Logitech USB wireless keyboard and mouse combo. When I start the installation for Mandrake 9.1 they are both recognised up to the point where I have to press F1 or Enter to start set up.

If I choose expert mode, I can get to the section where I have to type expert, howeber after this they are not recognised meaning I can't carry on installing. Has anyone had these problems or can anyone suggest how to solve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Ian

Linux Engineer
    im guessing u can type expert then when it goes into the graphical bit it stops working? try text mode install.

not sure exactly what u type in to do this, i remmeber seeing it in one of the help things

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply, but I have tried the text install (by typing text) but this didn't work either. It stops recognising the devices after this imput screen.

Linux Guru
    However strange it sounds, maybe Mandrake compiled their installation kernel without USB support. You could try another distro.

Linux User

swap em

I've had problems using usb stuff during setup. There are often bios settings for usb including something about legacy OS's.

i would swap them during install for something simple and then plug em in and configure them later
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.