Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm never install Redhat before.I'm tasked to convert an existing information into spreadsheet using existing system. http://www.sitepoint.com/article/php...rksheet-server 've tried the above program, it can work on my xp machine, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to generate spreadsheet on Redhat?

Hi,

I'm never install Redhat before.I'm tasked to convert an existing information into spreadsheet using existing system.

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/php...rksheet-server

've tried the above program, it can work on my xp machine, but when I port it over to the RH server which my company is using, it cannot work.

Is it becoz I need to install some drivers before I can run the program? I've tried to get a reply from the author, but no reply yet. Maybe it's dumb to ask but I want to assure of this fact.

If I need to install something, are there any reliably cheap or even cheap source? Can OpenOffice works with the above application?

thks

rgds

Just Joined!
    Im using Fedora 4, but its basically the same architecture as Redhat. Ive had no problem opening excel spreadsheets in openOffice, but the only problem is when i save them it isnt in the excel format (forgive me, i forgot the extension) anymore, thus becoming unreadable to Microsoft Excel. Try Crossover Office, it lets you just install office on Linux, but you have to pay for it though

Quote Originally Posted by Imscaredofgrass
    but the only problem is when i save them it isnt in the excel format (forgive me, i forgot the extension) anymore, thus becoming unreadable to Microsoft Excel.
    Your saving it as the wrong format when you save you can see a drop down box called file type click it and if you look you will see you can save it as ms excel .xls

Just Joined!
    i tried that, but when i went back to "good 'ol XP" it said that excel didnt reconize the file type. I even checked the extension, and it had the shell icon, but still no luck. its probrably just because its made by MS.