Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You shouldn't really have to worry about the boot record, since RedHat should set up a dual-boot for you; if you want the standard WinXP bootloader back, you can always ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You shouldn't really have to worry about the boot record, since RedHat should set up a dual-boot for you; if you want the standard WinXP bootloader back, you can always boot from your XP installation disk, hit R for repair and run fixmbr.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Hey,One final question before I go.For a 5gb HD and 312 RAM..how much spache should I allocate for the swap and /root partitions.
    Thanks and Bye

For 5GB and 312Mb? I would probably go with double your memory for swap and leave the rest for /

You could go with less swap space to try maximizing your free hard drive space for the / partition, but I wouldn't go below the 312Mb mark personally.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Hi there,
    After 3 hours of hard work...i am back.And,I wont suggest this method to anyone.....becoz all my data got wiped off.This is what happened:
    I put RH9.0 cd..and manually removed the C: drive and defined the linux partitions and installed RH9.0.
    After rebooting,I could see both DOS and RH9.0,but unfortunately the DOS was not able to start XP and neither it recognised the XP cd.I started linux and tried to connect to the internet but failed.Called the rogers guys...and they said their motorola sb5100 dont provide linux support.So,only thing left was I deleted everything and installed xp over again.Now,I would use pm8.0 to create a new partition and install linux on it.But,how to surf the internet..that still remains a challenge.
    Thanks
    Mick

Why didn't you create the partition during the WinXP installation process?

Just Joined!
    hi there,
    I've this problem now.I've Win XP on the only one C: partition i have.I need to make space for linux by repartionin the drive.The file system is NTFS...so i guess i cant use fdisk.I have partition magic..but I dont know why its not re-partionin it.Please help me guys...
    Mick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2