Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    debian sarge 3.1


    hi guys,
    i'm using SuSE 9.2 now, and it's time to getting start with Debian.
    i boot with a CD network-install. the kernel works, but when it appear on the graphical screen to choose the language, it block there. i can't use keyboard neither mouse.
    any helps would be appreciated.

  2. #2

    Re: debian sarge 3.1

    Quote Originally Posted by minh
    hi guys,
    i'm using SuSE 9.2 now, and it's time to getting start with Debian.
    Why? If all was oki under suse no need to change to get an other distro
    Quote Originally Posted by minh
    i boot with a CD network-install. the kernel works, but when it appear on the graphical screen to choose the language, it block there. i can't use keyboard neither mouse.
    any helps would be appreciated.
    What are ur keyboard and mouse (usb? wireless?)

  3. #3
    Linux Guru bigtomrodney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,148
    Someone else had this problem recently - click here I think the solution is that X windows doesn't install by default. Try
    Code:
    # apt-get install x-window-system

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Someone else had this problem recently - click here I think the solution is that X windows doesn't install by default. Try
    Code:
    # apt-get install x-window-system
    Euh I understood that the problem appears during the install so I suppose that the matter is due to the hardware detection of the installer.

  6. #5
    Linux Guru bigtomrodney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,148
    Ah sorry, missed that bit.

  7. #6
    thank guys for your suggestion, i thought that maybe Debian more "linux" than SuSE
    i tried to install Debian for my Compaq Presario 2100, and it blocked from the beginning.
    that 's i am not understand cause on the other laptop it works

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •