Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi again! I've somehow managed to configure everything, and I tried to upgrade to Redhat 9.0 (I have installed RedHat 7.1). Everything seemed to go OK untill the installation program ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yet another problem...

Hi again!

I've somehow managed to configure everything, and I tried to upgrade to Redhat 9.0 (I have installed RedHat 7.1). Everything seemed to go OK untill the installation program told me that my boot partition was 2MB small. The atual size of this partition is 32MB because that's what the 7.1 installation program sugested to do (I have two 80GB hard disks in this machine (¿?) :o ).
    The question is: ¿is there a way I can increase the size of the boot partition without data loss?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

Linux Guru
    Most likely not, at least not any easy way. Of course, you could resize and move the filesystems by hand, but that would take very long. Can't you just make it ignore this so called "error"? You don't actually need more than 32MBs on your boot partition. I don't know why RedHat 9 complains about this.

Just Joined!

Boot partition

Hi again!

I can't ignore the error. It won't let me go any further.
    If it's such a hassle to change partitions and filesystems, I think I'll keep my hands off of that for a while (I'd try to mess around in Windows but I'm new to this system).
    I'll be better off reinstalling everything... it wasn't that much after all.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close