Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys, i just install mandrake 10.1 dual boot with windows xp. but accidently, i erase the 8 MB free space that required on winXP installation. i didn't care about ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mandrake-windows installation problem

hi guys, i just install mandrake 10.1 dual boot with windows xp. but accidently, i erase the 8 MB free space that required on winXP installation. i didn't care about that until i realize that my windows runs slower and heavy-er than usual. can someone please help me out?

eep, I recall that 8MB left over when you partition during the Windows install.. that is probably why it's running a bit slower. I don't know what to say now, once it's gone it's gone. But you might be able to re-partition in that you can resize and add that 8mb back in. I dunno how that would go and what it would do for you, I would Google or browse some MS tech/help forums. Those 8mb are just dead space due to disk geometry so they wouldn't hold any important information.. I would just try to resize your ntfs partition using Partition Magic and try adding that 8mb back in and expiriment with that.
    Registered Linux user #393103