Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
errr dosent root have permmission to write to everthing?? or could windblows set it so that only windows can write to it? i pluged it into a 2k server box ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

errr dosent root have permmission to write to everthing?? or could windblows set it so that only windows can write to it? i pluged it into a 2k server box and formated that way maybe 2k put some kind of writting block on it so i cant use it unless im logged in as frament on my 2k box? i dont know all i want to do if format the focker for linux windows will read linux format right or is it the other way around

hopeless in LA
    fragment
    I00I0I

Linux Newbie
    i believe something was wrong with the cds that came with the book " red hat linux 9 bible" by christopher negus.

because the applet was occasionally crashing in gnome....

anyways i used the redhat 9 cds i downloaded and burned

i reinstalled minimal red hat 9 and apart from 5000 gb of / and 11700 gb of /home

i made /opt of 2048mb of vfat

now i came across some issues

before in my last installation of redhat 9 i made 20gb of fat32 from windows xp.

this time i was using red hat's partitioning tool during installation.

it did not allow me to create a vfat partition of more than 2048 mega bytes.

anyways i only did 2048 mb of vfat partition and had to mount it. so i mounted it as /opt.

it showed up in windows xp and going back into red hat linux the fdisk also worked

[for a tester, in windowsxp i copied couple of mp3 into that vfat partition]

i tried to view it with nautilus and then tried to play the files from that vfat partition

it did not work

1) how the damn i can access files from vfat partition ????????????????????????

2) if we want to check out what files a hard disk/partition has how can we view it ????

Just Joined!
    dunno i live by O'Rielly there books rock!!! try running linux there is a fouth edition out but i got the third (rented from the libray.....soo good i got it extended) but yeah all the o'rielly books are good from what ive heard and seen.

fragment
    I00I0I

Just Joined!
    woah look at that IVE BEEN AROUND!!! WOOHOO heehe soy for all the yelling but im excited

fragment
    I00I0I

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2