Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just downloaded the latest version of linux gentoo (1.4 I think) and am having no luck installing it. I'm fairly comfortable with linux but up until this point ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Major Help With Intsall of gentoo

Hello,
    I just downloaded the latest version of linux gentoo (1.4 I think) and am having no luck installing it. I'm fairly comfortable with linux but up until this point of only used mandrake & redhat distrubtions so I'm sed to having an installer. I'm guessing (from what I can make of the help file) I'll want to do a 'stage 3' install but I really can't figure out how to get started. I've looked online and can't find much other than copys of the help file that it already comes with. I know its kind of a dumb question (this being an ELITE linux fourm and all) and asking alot, but if someone could either tell me what to do or point to a url telling me what to do for a stage 3 install it would help me out very very much.
    Thanks,
    Kris Tanner

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml

this is what i used when i installed gentoo from stage 3. jst follow it exactly. the only things you will skip over are the parts that say stage 1 or 2
    it was a really fun experience installing stage 3. that install documentation is really good.

ps. dont be affraid to ask even the simplest question we will help out if we know the answer. and the web site name is kind of missleading we are not all elites im sure there are some of the users that would say it but i sure dont think i am im always asking simple questions. so feel free to ask away. and have fun
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Just Joined!
    thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    no problem

lets us now how the installation it goes
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!