Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am trying to install RedHat 9.0 on an Intel system 865PE chipset, with 2x SATA drives (one Seagate and the other Western Digital). The Motherboard is MSI 865PE ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Please help!

Hi,

I am trying to install RedHat 9.0 on an Intel system 865PE chipset, with 2x SATA drives (one Seagate and the other Western Digital). The Motherboard is MSI 865PE Neo2, and I have a problem:

The installer hangs at this screen: (Which is just after this one: http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/302/1.gif )

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/7265/dsc006023ng.jpg

On the first install screen I tried to install with: 'linux noprobe' but that didn't work either. I also set the SATA to Legacy mode. I can't find any Linux Intel SATA drivers for the chipset... I don't know if it is SATA or the chipset that's causing the hang...

But I can't seem to get it past this window...

Please help! I urgently need a functioning Linux Distribution! If you could recommend another one that might work, please do so. (I went for Redhat -arguably- because it is the most popular one )

Thanks.

oz
    forum.guy
    I think another distro would be your easiest route. If you want a Redhat based distro, try Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty sure RH9 doesn't include support for SATA. if you can try a newer distro you might have better luck. Fedora, as mentioned is the current free (read bleeding edge) version of Red Hat.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks Fedora installed without major hassles