Find the answer to your Linux question:
Bit of an odd one this... I have two hard drives on my system, the Master is a 40gb that has windows and all personal files/programs.. the Slave had a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install linux on a slave with no cd....

Bit of an odd one this...

I have two hard drives on my system, the Master is a 40gb that has windows and all personal files/programs..

the Slave had a previous windows install, is now formatted, empty, and partitioned into a 15gb and a 25gb....

I wanted to install linux onto the slave, to see if I could deal with using linux before getting rid of windows altogether.

However, I don't have a cd writer, nor do I have a floppy drive...

What I'm asking is two questions really- is there anyway to install linux through windows, or at least from the master onto the slave in DOS....

Also, is there a linux that I can download and install without the need for CD's???

If this has already been asked sorry, did have a look in the forums to see if it had been addressed already.

Thanks in advance for your help

Linux Engineer
    Can't you just borrow a CD-ROM/CD-RW from a friend? That would make things so much easier..

I don't think you can't install anything without a CDROM or a previous install of Linux.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"