Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two Windows formatted drives (C and D) and I want to use D for Linux. I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1. In the installation process, I go along ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual Boot/Dual Drives help

I have two Windows formatted drives (C and D) and I want to use D for Linux. I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1. In the installation process, I go along fine until I get to partitioning. It has an option to resize the partition, but it always comes up with an error. I don't remember the error because I'm at work right now. But I defragmented the drive and there's plenty of space on it. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. I am a little new to Linux, though. Do I need to use a prog like Partition Magic for this to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

wait, you have two partitions on one hard drive c and d? or you have two accual hard drives and one you want linux on? your topic seems like you have two accual hard disk drives but hey, i could be wrong first we need to know what youve got going.. then we can figure the rest out also, assumoing you do have 2 accual hard disks, do you want one drive to be totally linux? or do you want it like half linux half windows? because if you want just linux on that drive, why is it formatted under windows and why are you defragging it? (excuse me i think im misunderstanding you and please dont take offence ) if you want linux on that one drive you need to reformat it using linux then set up partitions how you want. if your splitting it with windows and linux, partition magic is the way to go
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.