Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know I do it in a command shell I just can't remember what the commands are. Can you help? Thanks. Regards Tazzers....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I set up nvidia grapics drivers

I know I do it in a command shell I just can't remember what the commands are. Can you help? Thanks.

Regards

Tazzers.

Linux Guru
    There are pretty many steps. Read the readme file on nVidia's driver site; it tells you everything about it.

Linux Enthusiast
    or you can read the page called "How to install nvidia drivers" on my guide (link below) It walks you thru how to edit a file in text mode also.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thankyou I will be looking into this more when I get home. In the meantime, what I did notice was that when I tried to run it the command prompt thingmie inside X Window and it said I needed to run it in root mode. I am completely new to this and I don't know how to get into root mode. I thought you had to stop the countdown in GRUB or LILO but that didn't work so how do I do this? Short 'simple' explanations are required as I am indeed short and simple.

Regards

Tazzers.

Just Joined!
    yeah in the promp tyep "su" sans the quote marks then it will ask you for a password

the su command will allow you to change to anyuser
    Code:
    su youraccount
    Code:
    su myaccount
    but su by its self assumes that you want to get to root and will therefore just ask you for the root password put this in and you should see the allmighty #

fragment
    I00I0I

Just Joined!
    So I open up the cmd editor thingmie and type in su? when the # is displayed I take it I can move on from there?

Just Joined!
    yes type su in a terminal window somewhere enter your root password and the prompt should come back looking exactally the same except for the $ is now a # ($ = user/# = superuser)

try it let me know how it goes

fragment
    I00I0I