Find the answer to your Linux question:
I think I know how to install the drivers now but will I need anything else if I am using Red Hat Linux 9? Can I assume that everything will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Will nVidia drivers work 1st time in Red Hat 9?

I think I know how to install the drivers now but will I need anything else if I am using Red Hat Linux 9? Can I assume that everything will be ready to receive the drivers?

Just Joined!

Re: Will nVidia drivers work 1st time in Red Hat 9?

Quote Originally Posted by tazzers
    I think I know how to install the drivers now but will I need anything else if I am using Red Hat Linux 9? Can I assume that everything will be ready to receive the drivers?
    I have a Sony Laptop with a Nvidia 5600fx Go and I have just downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers for Linux and installed it with out a hitch. The only time a had a problem was when I installed a newer kernel. All I did was reinstall the drivers again and all was well..

Good luck

Linux Engineer
    should all be sweet, if its an rpm jsu tmake sure ui have all the dependencies filled (u may have to overwrite a file libGL.so.1 liek i had to with the readon drivers) to do this use --force on the rpm command. Only use this once everythign else is sorted tho coz its been known to break things

apart from that it shoudl be pretty straight forward