Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks for thinking about this for me. Yes I did do the md5sum check. I havenīt tried on another computer yet. Nor have I tried with another monitor - the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Monitor goes wrong on installing SUSE 9.3

Thanks for thinking about this for me. Yes I did do the md5sum check. I havenīt tried on another computer yet. Nor have I tried with another monitor - the other one that I have is a high-definition with a special graphics card to drive it. The computer is a second-hand one which I have not used before, but there is nothing wrong with the screen when the installation starts. Anyway it is untried.
    I will look to try on the alternate platforms when I can make space.
    Thanks again
    [/quote]

Just Joined!

screen goes while loading SUSE9.3

I have eliminated the monitor as being the problem. I tried another standard VGA, same result.
    I have not tried with another computer but will try. I canīt see how the computer could be the cause, but other people must have loaded the same cd successfully, so why canīt I?!!.

It's sounding as if this is either a problem with you computer hardware, or with the CD it's self. You say "other people must have loaded the same cd successfully" - what do you mean by this? That other people have used the exact physical CD you hold in your hand? or other people have used the same CD image from the web?
    Since there are many thousands of diferent computers in the world, the fact that the cd image works for other people shows either that there is a problem with the hardware, or there has been a problem with the burn. If the same physical cd has worked for others this suggests that there is a problem with your hardware.

If you can tell me if the same physical cd has worked for others I can try and think of a way to solve this problem.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!

Screen goes while installing SUSE 9.3

I did the parity check on the ISO file. I have not checked the copy to disk. I will look at that.

Just Joined!
    This came from someone in the forum LinuxQuestions.org
    It works.
    "I had the same problem when I installed.
    You must select Text Mode by pressing F2 before pressing enter on Installation. I got the installation then and KDE works"

I had not found any reference to this.
    Somebody mentioned Text Mode but as it was not on the menu I did not know how to get to it.

It was great to have help and to familiarise myself with these forums. The installation is not finished yet but is looking good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2