Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
i wanted to install amsn so i d ownloaded this file called amsn-0.94-3-linux-installer.bin i type ./amsn-0.94-3-linux-installer.bin and then when trying to install i get this error The installer could not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

installing amsn

i wanted to install amsn so i d ownloaded this file called amsn-0.94-3-linux-installer.bin

i type ./amsn-0.94-3-linux-installer.bin and then when trying to install i get this error

The installer could not find a valid Tcl/Tk
    environment in this machine. Make sure 'wish' is in
    your path and run the installer again. You can download
    Tcl/Tk binaries at http://www.activestate.com/tcl/
    and Tcl/Tk sources at http://tcl.sf.net

what should i do?? i looked at those sites and i get still dont get it... 8,(

The installer needs tcl/tk to function properly. Most distros have a version available; what distro are you using?

Is there any reason you specifically want to use amsn instead of something like kopete or gaim?
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

mandrake 10.1, for some reason kopete wont connect it keeps telling me my password is wrong.. which is completly false coz i can login on my winblows machine.. on slax livecd kopete worked but ever since i installed mandrake kopete tht came with it wont connect... and i also like the look of amsn better.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It's possible that MS changed the authentication protocol a bit since 10.1 (they've done it in the past). In Mandrake, you should be able to open up the Mandrake Control Center, go to the software installation module, and do a search for tcl (and the same for tk) then install it. After that, the amsn installer should work (or at least give you a different error message ).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    It's possible that MS changed the authentication protocol a bit since 10.1 (they've done it in the past). In Mandrake, you should be able to open up the Mandrake Control Center, go to the software installation module, and do a search for tcl (and the same for tk) then install it. After that, the amsn installer should work (or at least give you a different error message ).
    thanks that fixed it.. amsn is installed and working perfectly, another thing id like to know is why it wont minimize down beside the clock thinggy like kopete... instead it just goes down on the panel
    http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1...apshot26jx.png

if its just like that its fine too..

most things that are linked to KDE such as kopete minimize to the kicker by the clock...other things don't
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

ahh... ok one last thing where can i install themes for mandrake? i looked everywhere.. cant find i have this theme called thelinux-0.60.0.tar and i just wanna try it and if it sucks easily remove it again

is that an icon theme, a kde style, or what?

- Jeremy S. Anderson

its from here

http://themes.freshmeat.net/search/?...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

its the top one

The LinuX ========== Theme For WindowMaker This Theme

That theme is for windowmaker; the default desktop environment for Mandrake/Mandriva is KDE. You would have to install windowmaker and then install the theme to see it.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast