Find the answer to your Linux question:
ive just installed RH8 on my comp, and my internet is acting funny. I have to click on every site or link twice in order to open it. Not double-click, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

internet problems

ive just installed RH8 on my comp, and my internet is acting funny. I have to click on every site or link twice in order to open it. Not double-click, mind you, but two seperate times. The first time, it always says it cant find the server. The second time it loads up fine. Any ideas?

Also, my internet seems to be slower now than with winXP. All the pages seem to load up slower than before. ????

Linux Engineer
    are your dns servers set up properly?

Linux Engineer
    Are you running your nic in full duplex??
    Regards

Andutt

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I'll answer both those questions at once. uhhh, i dunno??? I dont know much about setting up any kind of servers (i have a notebook thats not connected to any network), so i dont really know what a dns server is. As for the 2nd question, im not sure what you mean by nic or full duplex.

When i installed RH8, i didnt really do much custom configuring, i just stuck with all the defaults. Maybe this has something to do with my monitor. I didnt know what kind of monitor or video card to tell it i was running, so i just chose the default values in setup (non-probed monitor i think). I think this might also explain why none of my screensavers work (i just get a blank screen instead of moving objects).