Results 1 to 3 of 3
Hi, I have bought a Universal network Controller fom a company and I need to install Linux onto this machine, the company have told me that they can supply the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 09-01-2005 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
Installing Linux on Embedded System
I have bought a Universal network Controller fom a company and I need to install Linux onto this machine, the company have told me that they can supply the Linux library but I need to build up linux. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?
Here is a descrition of the unit:
UNO-2160 is a high-performance Pentium III grade controller that supports PC/104 extensions, serial communication ports and several other networking interfaces. UNO-2160
supports Windows® XP Embedded OS and Windows® CE.NET, which offers a pre-configured image with optimized onboard device drivers. Windows® XP Embedded delivers the
power of the Windows® operating system in componentized form. You can seamlessly integrate your applications into Windows® XP Embedded. Speed up your system development
with an application ready platform that can provide a rich networking interface to fulfill diverse requirements.
- - CPU Celeron® 400 MHz Ultra low-voltage version, 256/512
- UNO-2160-JDA0 Celeron® 400MHz, 256MB SDRAM Universal Network Controller with PC/104 extension
- MB SDRAM onboard (Default: 256 MB SDRAM).
- Battery-backup RAM 512 KB Battery-backup RAM
- VGA/Keyboard/Mouse DB-15 VGA Connector, PS/2 keyboard & mouse
- Serial Ports 2 × RS-232 and 2 x RS-232/422/485 with DB-9 connectors
- Automatic RS-485 data flow control
- Serial Port Speed RS-232: 50 ~ 115.2 kbps
- RS-422/485: 50 ~ 921.6 kbps
- LAN Two 10/100 Base-T RJ-45 Ports
- USB Interface Two USB ports, USB UHCI, Rev. 1.1 compliant
- Printer Port One printer port
- PC Card One PC Card slot
- Supports CardBus (Card-32) Card and 16-bit (PCMCIA 2.1/JEIDA4.2)Card
- Supports +5 V, +3.3 V and +12 V @ 120 mA working power
- SSD One internal type I/II CompactFlash® slot
- LEDs Power, IDE, Alarm for RAM Backup Battery
- PC/104 Two PC/104 Extensions. (Option). Support +5V working power
- HDD Built in HDD bracket for installation of one standard 2.5" HDD
- Anti-Shock 50 G @ Wall mounting, IEC 68 2-27, half sine, 11 ms w/CompactFlash® SSD
- Software Options Windows® XP Embedded, Windows® NT/2000/XP
- 09-01-2005 #2
::Moderator Note:: I removed 2 other threads identical to this one. Please do not post the same question more than once.Registered Linux user #270181
TechieMoe's Tech Rants
- 09-01-2005 #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
what are the exactlibires they'll provide. I assume its just the kernelAll i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis