Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all. I am a newbie linux user. After having tackled my Radeon 9800 pro installation (much thanks to previous posters conversing about the topic) I have moved on to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Game Theater XP drivers

Hello all. I am a newbie linux user.

After having tackled my Radeon 9800 pro installation (much thanks to previous posters conversing about the topic) I have moved on to my next big step.

My soundcard is a Game Theater XP. It uses the Cirrus Logic 4630 chipset.

Currently Linux has installed the 4614 driver set, but this means that I am extremely limited as per my sound card options. I do not have have 4 speaker support at the moment, and I really would like to be able to hear my Klipsch 4.1s again in 4.1.

I would like some advice as to where I might be able to find linux drivers for my sound card, and or its chipset.

Thanks for you help.

My system is as follows:

Dual boot of Windows XP and Redhat Linux 9 4.3.0 kernel (using gnome desktop)
    Athlon 2400XP+
    512mb DDR Ram
    MSI K7N2 Delta
    Radeon 9800 pro
    Game Theater XP
    Pioneer 16X DVD Rom drive
    Sony 32x CDRW
    IBM Deskstar 40gb 7200rpm

Again, thanks for your help! (If I left out any information just ask)

Linux Engineer
    firstly, ur XFree version is 4.3.0 ur kernel can be foudn be either "uname -r" or "rpm -qa|grep -i kernel"

the only thing i can find is a driver called cs46xx but i think this is probably the driver u are already using.

u coudl try installing a new kernel, maybe 4.1 support for ur card has bene added between when ur distro was released and now.