Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Searching: This may take awhile, and your system may become unresponsive ahh isn't that nice of them...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Searching: This may take awhile, and your system may become unresponsive
    ahh isn't that nice of them
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by genlee
    I don't find the output form /proc/pci hard to read at all. Its not like it uses big words or anything
    Quote Originally Posted by /proc/pci
    Master Capable. Latency=248. Min Gnt=5.Max Lat=1.
    Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe0000000 [0xe0ffffff].
    Sure, you and I might not find any difficulty reading this, but I don't know if I'd recommend it to a newbie. And, it just lists PCI devices. If you want USB, 1394, ISA, I2C, IDE, etc., etc., you must look in different files, each of which have different file formats. Again, while you and I might not find any difficulty in that and find its flexibility superior, I'm still not quite sure if it's what I'd recommend to a newbie.

I wonder if redhat know about this, since they haven't issued a public update via up2date?

Linux Guru
    Now when I looked more closely at the python error, it turned not to be an error in hwbrowser, but in python itself at what seems to be a class declaration in hwbrowser (I don't know python, and I'm not sure I want to learn it...). It failed an assertion in the python engine. Maybe I should report that.

Linux Enthusiast
    look for it first. I can gaurantee that 20 other people have had it. It always happens. Especially on distributions. RedHat has more bugs than mozilla I think.

Anyway, I took computer classes so I know what all those things mean in the /proc/pci file, so it is easy enough to follow it. I just don't use all that crap for anything. I could care less what my latency is. Whatever.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux Guru
    I submitted it, and it didn't seem to be discovered, since he designed a patch and failed in the first two versions. At least on the third one it worked, though. Apparently, it was a bug in the kudzu module for python, not in hwbrowser itself. I don't know when it will be public.

Linux Guru
    OK, I was wrong (should've guessed...). It's fixed in kudzu 0.99.90 and later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2