Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, this is my first post here... i have a 80GB hard drive as primary master partitioned as C:, D: and E:. I have Windows xp installed on C: I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

redhat linux 9.1 and windows xp dual boot system

hi,

this is my first post here...

i have a 80GB hard drive as primary master partitioned as C:, D: and E:. I have Windows xp installed on C:

I have a got a new unformatted 120 GB hard drive set as the primary slave. I want to install redhat 9.1 on the this new drive. in addition, i want to partition this new drive into 3 partitions for linux.

my question is, how can i format the new hard drive so that redhat 9.1 recognizes the new harddrive (right now its detecting the windows xp installed primary master as hda)?

any suggestions on how to proceed with the installation without losing any data on the windows xp partitions?

Linux User
    I'm assuming you dont have RH installed on the first drive. During the install just make sure you specify hdb when you get to the partitioning part. I know for sure the install will make a / and /home partition, and you can make the other partitions you want as well.