Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a network of 3 PCs - a Smoothwall 0.98 Firewall on a P1 desktop used as my Internet firewall IP 192.168.1.1 - set as a DHCP server - ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smoothwall 0.98 Firewall Internet-connection sharing

I have a network of 3 PCs
    - a Smoothwall 0.98 Firewall on a P1 desktop used as my Internet firewall IP 192.168.1.1 - set as a DHCP server
    - 2 WinXP laptops, IP 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 set automatically via DHCP
    All PCs can see each other (the laptops' Web home pages set to open the Smoothwall's console, ie. http://192.168.1.1) and the WinXP laptop 192.168.1.2 is used as my dialup connection to the Internet and browse the Internet.
    The problem is that the WinXP laptop 192.168.1.3 cannot access the Internet although Internet-connection is setup to access it via the laptop 1.2.
    Could this be because the 1.3 laptop is using the Smoothwall as its Internet Firewall but this conflicts with using the 1.2 laptop as its Internet connection ?
    Can anyone help me please ? Thank you.
    Minhaz

Just Joined!

Modem install on Smoothwall 0.98

I have found out that my Smoothwall 0.98 needs to be the Internet -connecting PC for my WinXP laptops to use it to share the Internet between themselves.
    I have a 3Com 56k modem but can only log onto my 0.98 Firewall as root using text interface.
    Can anyone offer me help to install this modem to it ?
    Minhaz

Just Joined!
    I am now using Smoothwall 0.98 Firewall on an old HP P1 desktop (2Gb HD/96Mb RAM) with DHCP server enabled and an external 56k MRi modem - this allows both my WinXP laptops to automatically have IP addresses assigned to then and access the Internet/email via it.
    Minhaz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close