Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am trying to install FC4 in celeron machine which has a 128MB RAM. but while installing the kernel the installation hangs...for long time...no response....i have waited more than 1 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing FC4 in celeron...

i am trying to install FC4 in celeron machine which has a 128MB RAM. but while installing the kernel the installation hangs...for long time...no response....i have waited more than 1 hr but nothing happened. i have tried couple of times but it stopps at similar place.

for your kind information i have used the same media means the same pack of CD's when i install on my another machine but that didnt cause any problem...

what should i do?

Linux Engineer
    you could try memtest, to test your memory, or a failsafe boot with text installation...128mb ram is not enough for fedora...it will be slow...maybe you should try some distros that are a bit less bloated...
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    is
    memtest
    a shell command? and also when should i execute it? while installing? or before installing? acutally i have no idea.

Linux Engineer
    when you put in your installation cd you run the command from the boot prompt...i think its technically
    Code:
    memtest86
    but you have to do this before the boot actually starts
    Operating System: GNU Emacs