Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a 160 GB SATA HD on my computer, all one partiton, with Windows XP Pro. I need to resize the partition, install Yoper Linux (i already know how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual Boot Help

I have a 160 GB SATA HD on my computer, all one partiton, with Windows XP Pro. I need to resize the partition, install Yoper Linux (i already know how to do that), and make it where I can use both. I dont want to lose ANY of my stuff, i have 20 Gigs of music that is my life lol.

Linux Engineer
    any time you resize a partition there is a possibility that you will loose data, although usually you won't, partition magic is great, and live cds such as knoppix have qtparted which is also great at resizing, make sure you defrag first, and then when you run cfdisk through your distro's installer or through a live cd you should see various partitions, /dev/sda1 should be your windows partition, leave that one alone...always, always, always backup important files though, I've never had a problem before resizing etc; however, some have...there is no 100% safe way to not loose data...
    Operating System: GNU Emacs