Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, here's the deal. I've searched the entire internet for a way to install linux on a 133mHz 32MB ram laptop. Here are the problems: 1) CAN'T BOOT FROM CD ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

AHHHHHH! Frustration is setting in!

Okay, here's the deal. I've searched the entire internet for a way to install linux on a 133mHz 32MB ram laptop. Here are the problems:

1) CAN'T BOOT FROM CD
    2) IT IS A SCSI CD DRIVE SO FLOPPY BOOT MANAGERS DON'T WORK
    3) PCMCIA ETHERNET ADAPTER WON'T RECOGNIZE LAN
    4) THERE ARE NO DISTRIBUTIONS WITH A INTERNET BROWSER THAT CAN BE INSTALLED FROM A SET OF FLOPPIES

Whenever I get a distro to the install screen, something goes wrong (like blueflops can't find a minix fs, PCMCIA module works but network module doesn't, etc.). ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!

I have another machine running Fedora Core 4 and WinXP, if that helps.
    Thank you.

Linux Guru
    Some releases of Slackware can be installed with multiple floppies: if not the latest, Slackware keeps several older versions available for download. Once you have a basic system installed, you should be able to get the PCMCIA NIC working. With ethernet, you can access a partition on another machine, using nfs, for installation of other files. There are a few text-based web browsers, some of which should be a part of any distro you choose: Links, Elinks, Lynx and others. You won't want to use graphics with 32Mb RAM.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!

cool

Ok, I got a slackware distro, but I have a problem after the reboot after installation.

It goes through detecting devices and such and then it says this:

Starting PCMCIA services: modulesLinux PCMCIA Card Services 2.9.1
    Intel PCIC probe:
    TI 113X CardBus at 0x3e0, 2 sockets
    irq mask (

Then it just freezes. Should I try installing again without the PCMCIA card in?

BE244

P.S. I just tried using the floppy boot disk and the result is the same.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close