Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm installing Fedora on a p3 Gateway to be used as a network server. I put in the first install disk and boot, but all I get is the BIOS ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Fedora

I'm installing Fedora on a p3 Gateway to be used as a network server. I put in the first install disk and boot, but all I get is the BIOS and then "Operating System Not Found" I downloaded the i386 .iso's and burned them and stuff. Just doesn't seem to work. The master hard drive is clean and brand new.

Just Joined!

Bios

Hello

Did you set the bios boot order with CD before hard drive?(if possible, otherwise set to boot from a floppy and read instructions on how to make a bootdisk floppy) If you've already done that, I'd say your CD is flawed (did you use an iso burner [correct!] or did you just copy the iso to the CD [wrong!]?) If you used an iso burner, then check sum it and see if your data is correct.

BE244

Just Joined!
    The boot order is set CD, floppy, HD, network. I opened the .iso in Toast 6 for OS X. I didn't just put the .iso on a disk, I used it to burn the disk. I can try re-burning the CD and then verifying it. Thanks for the quick reply. Is a Pentium III an i386 processor?

Linux Engineer
    If you mean Toast Titanium on OSX, sometimes toast has problems burning disks that are readable by pc, make sure you go into options and check to create a disk that is readable by pc and mac...
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Ok, I think I had that setting checked, but I'll make sure to do that when I reburn the disk

Just Joined!
    Ok, bad news fellas. I re-burned the disk in Toast, making sure to burn it for PC too. Verified the disk like a little goodie two shoes. Popped the disk in, and ... nothing. What do I do? Re-download all of the disks? Is it a problem with my hardware?

Linux Engineer
    Did you download the ISOs with "SRPM" in them? Those are the source code, not the installer binaries.

Just Joined!
    Thanks!!!! That was it!!!!

Can someone give me a link to a torrent of all four disks?