Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried to install msn using wine, amsn, gabber. I almost made it to work with GAIM but it gives an error message saying protocol not supported when I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

msn messenger

I tried to install msn using wine, amsn, gabber. I almost made it to work with GAIM but it gives an error message saying protocol not supported when I try to log in with my username and password. Does anyone know how to use gaim to connect to msn messenger?

Please help
    Thanx

Linux Engineer
    You need to install gnutls, libgpg and some other libraries I think.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

you can try mercury - http://www.mercury.to/

it has almost all of the features of msn messenger including webcam. instalation is very easy, just run the shell script.

Hi

This might seem a stupid question: how do I launch Mercury? I've just installed it, but after that I haven't seen anything else, and trying to find it, i just can't.

Anyway, I've gotten the impression that Mercury can be launched from anywhere, am I right?

Just Joined!
    After you have unzipped and run the installer, in the newly created Mercury folder will be a shell script simply titled "mercury". You just need to click on this and it will run.