Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded fedora core 4 i want to install it on a partionand have a dual boot with windows xp im all ready running. my situation is: I have 3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems half way through fedora core 4 install!!

I downloaded fedora core 4 i want to install it on a partionand have a dual boot with windows xp im all ready running. my situation is: I have 3 partitions of my harddrive i have a 14.6 gb logical partiton set to "file system : RAW" so i can install linux on it . I went to install it so I booted the cd. I got to the part where you have to choose what partition i had to options "Manually partition" or "automatically partition" i went in to "maually partition" . I selected that and a window showed my hard drives it said:

/dev/hda1
    /dev/hda2

hda1 being where windows is, BUT under hda2 there were two sub things
    they said "extened dos 32 mbit" or something and the other "NTFS". I select /dev/hda2 and try hit next but the erroe comes up " you have not defined a root partition which is required for installation of fedora core to continue"

What do i do i want to have the dual boot but im relly confussed about this?

Heres a picture of my windows disk management to show my situation maybe you can help.
    [img]
    http://img493.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forumpicture9ap.jpg[/img]

Banned
    Remove that 14.6 gig partition and leave it as "free space".
    Restart the installer and it will give you an option to use this free space and will do all the partitioning for you.