Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I am not sure.. It came with the satellite installation. It says Direcpc but I am sure some one else manufactured it. I can run my linux box off of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I am not sure.. It came with the satellite installation. It says Direcpc but I am sure some one else manufactured it. I can run my linux box off of my winxp machine through a proxy and it works, but horribly slow. I had rather run the linux box first. Thanks for the help!!

Linux Guru
    I'm sorry, but I can't possibly help you without the real modem manufacturer and model name.

Just Joined!
    I'm suprised that no one has suggested vmware. I've never used it before myself. It should allow you to run windows and linux in parallel.

Pro: Best of both worlds
    Con: Half as much computing power?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I thing vmware is very overestimated, since it doesn't really run Linux and Windows in parallell as much as it runs Linux under Windows, which disallows a great many things. And, there's also the thing with the huge overhead that's involved in emulating, and many other things.

Just Joined!
    yeah its also very expensive, id rather use linux and die try to get something running under wine. vmware is good at what it does but really over all its better to pick one and stick to it. IMHO that is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2