Find the answer to your Linux question:
guys m using slack 10.2... i have i think 50G more on my HD.. how could i create another partition? ( il make this for my backup files) thanks in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

creating another partition

guys m using slack 10.2... i have i think 50G more on my HD.. how could i create another partition? ( il make this for my backup files)

thanks in advance..
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

QTParted should be able to do what you want.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    Qparted? is that an application>? isn't dat i can make it using fdisk or cfdisk? i just dnt know the procedure..
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

It may already be in your menu. If not...
    http://www.linuxpackages.net/search_...arted&ver=10.2
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    hmm like partition magic in wndows.. hmm but wat if i want to use fdsk or cfdsk.. do u know how>>

Linux Enthusiast
    fdisk, and cfdisk, are totally different apps. Fdisk is a bit more difficult, but cfdisk isn't that easy if you dont like cli. Try googling a fdisk guide.

where is the drive?

hda hdb hdc or hdd

when you know that go

cfdisk /dev/hdX

x as the letter (as root)

go to free space, then [New], logical, select size, then something else (i cant remember), it should be type "Linux" by default, this is good, but if your using it as storage for windows and linux, you might want to go to [Type] and change it, look for the partition type you want and look at the numbee next to it, e.g. W95 FAT32 is 0b so you press a key and type 0b then enter. Make sure its not marked as boot, (not a * under boot table) then go to [Write] press enter, type "yes" wait till it says "Wrote partition table" go to [Quit].

whola

This is just an example, don't follow it word to word

Linux Newbie
    its on hdc... so should it be.. cfdisk /dev/hdc ? then il choose logical and so on?