Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm really starting to get a little annoyed. I have a Radeon 9600 Pro (rv350 / M10). I've been trying to get this to work for about three weeks now. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Radeon 9600 Pro Support?

I'm really starting to get a little annoyed. I have a Radeon 9600 Pro (rv350 / M10). I've been trying to get this to work for about three weeks now. I've tried Mandrake, and Debian. I got Debian to work for a little while, but no 3D support. How can I get my card to work on linux? It works great with Windows XP. As much as I hate Windows, if I can't get my $200 video card to work, I'm going to give up on Linux. Come on guys, you gotta help me out!

Linux Engineer
    have u tried installing the readeon 3.2.8 driver from www.ati.com

Linux Engineer
    I was only able to make my card work on 2.6 kernel using ati's driver. If you want, I can post my kernel and x config for you.

Just Joined!
    sweet, im a newbie, could you post how to install the kernel, and driver etc?

Just Joined!
    Certainly is a pain!

I was running SuSE 9 on my old Radeon, and then when I bought a 9600pro, 3d acceleration went down the pan.

I'm now back on XP.

Linux User
    Yeah getting my 9600 pro to have 3d accell was kind of a pain, just have to find the right documentation.

Just Joined!
    i have saphire 9600 pro and its working in 3d accel. now at LAST

i use libranet 2.8 and i download and compiled kernel 2.4.23 then i downloaded and installed the latest ati driver fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-3.7.0.i386.rpm

then :

cd /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod
    ./make.sh
    cd /lib/modules/fglrx
    ./make_install.sh
    fglrxconfig

After completing your X configuration using fglrxconfig, press CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to restart X.

i hope it works for u also as i also now the pain to make it work but libranet 2.8 is the BEST