Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just purchased an IMAC G5 2ghz 2gig ram with 160 gig HD. Would love to install suse 9.2 on 60 gig external 2,0 usb HD. But not sure how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

suse linux 9.2 pro with Mac

I just purchased an IMAC G5 2ghz 2gig ram with 160 gig HD. Would love to install suse 9.2 on 60 gig external 2,0 usb HD. But not sure how to go about it. When I put the 1st DVDinto the drive it showed up as a folder. Help

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't think that SuSE 9.2 is also available for Mac. If you want to try installing SuSE on Mac, go to their site and download ppc version of SuSE 10.
    However, you shouldn't expect it to be a simple and easy task. Make sure you read all about the installation process before doing anything.
    If it's your first time trying Linux on Mac, I would recommend Ubuntu PowerPC Live CD.
    You could also try Fedoara ppc, or Debian powerpc: stable and testing versions.
    Search their websites for specific installation instructions. Also, find some good tutorial of HOWTO install Linux on G5.
    Good luck!

Just Joined!
    thanks for your help I dont think I will setup linux on my mac it is working just great now and dont want to mess it up

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close