Find the answer to your Linux question:
After a lot of messing around i have finally got my redhat 9 installed. I have a Packard Bell Easy Note laptop. I set up my internet details from my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet trouble

After a lot of messing around i have finally got my redhat 9 installed. I have a Packard Bell Easy Note laptop. I set up my internet details from my previous Freeserve account and everything seemed ok. I can't find anywhere to actually dial-up and when i type in site addresses it says it cannot be found. It also tells me i am connected on the little cable icon at the bottom of the screen even when the phone line is not plugged in. I stumbled through the installation so perhaps i missed something.

I am very grateful for any help.

Linux Engineer
    the icon in ur taksbar (i am guessing u use kde) is probably for a network card. These show up as connected if they are turned on, whether they are actualyl connected to anything or not.

To dial out run kppp at a terminal or look thru ur "K" menu for the same program. Set up all ur details here and provided ur modem is supported (ie, its not a winmodem) it will work fine.