Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an H-P 751n and Installed RH 8.0, I run it and I get an X Window Server error that's kind of like Cannot Initialize X Window Server, would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

First-Time error on H-p 751n

I have an H-P 751n and Installed RH 8.0, I run it and I get an X Window Server error that's kind of like Cannot Initialize X Window Server, would you like to run the configurator? Can someone please help me...I'm new to Linux

Linux Guru
    You should be able to get an excerpt from the log when it says that. Please post here what it says.

Just Joined!
    This is how it happens...everything is booting properly until it runs firstboot, then the screens starts flickering and then the screen turns blue with a message: I cannot start the X Server(your graphical interface). Would you like me to run the configurator. Then I push enter, prompt to login then prompt for root password and then I wait a few secs. and I cannot run the X Configurator, then wait for a few seconds. The X appears on the middle of the screen loads the configurator, I check and everything is proper. Then the blue screen appears and says: Would you like me to restart the X server, then push enter and it happens again from when the blue screen and the X Server error

Linux Guru
    OK then... Maybe the gdm fallback interface has changed in 2.0 without me knowing.
    Anyway, press <ALT>+F1, log in as root with the root password you chose, and run "less -S /var/log/XFree86.0.log". The file explains its own format, so you should be able to spot the errors. Be sure to look at the last lines of the file. Post back here what you find.

Just Joined!
    I'm a Red hat n00b

Linux Guru
    Was there any specific part of which you need further explanation?

Just Joined!
    No Luck....

Linux Guru
    You've lost me...