Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Why guess then ?
    I have answered the question accurately. Im sorry if offended anyone but if your trying to help people and you dont know the answer why guess.....
    I run on the philosophy that if you dont know dont comment, sorry if that offends.

Linux Enthusiast
    No big deal, it is just the fact that rpm --rebuild is accurate with some versions of RPM, and it will fail with a "command not found" if gcc is not installed. So your guess was as good as genlee's. Also it is disrespectful to come on to a new board, make 2 posts and have the second one be a complaint about genlee who has made 400 odd posts, a good number of them in an attempt to help other people. At least I hope you were talking about him and not Dolda, as Dolda has helped more people than either of us can count, and to tear him down for making a well-educated guess in an attempt to help someone is disheartening to the whole idea of helping other people out. I don't mean to sound mean, but I thought you were going to be one of those trolls that came on here to say "you guys suck, go do something else besides try and assist others". I say that is like shooting at the Red Cross. But I digress.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.