Find the answer to your Linux question:
I decided to try out linux for the first time last night. I randomly chose Redhat and burned it to disks then installed. I now realize that I need to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys Wireless on Redhat 9.0

I decided to try out linux for the first time last night. I randomly chose Redhat and burned it to disks then installed. I now realize that I need to set up my Linksys wireless card (WPC11) thats in my linksys slot (WTD11). I also have another card in my computer that is for direct connection to the modem. The Linksys/Network Everywhere adapter (NC100). I worked out how to get the floppy/cd drives working on the linux computer after a while. The only cd burner I have is on that computer and so I cant move files bigger than floppy disks onto it. I really have no idea where to start in setting up the linksys card/adapter as on the linksys website it has no info on linux installations and Im not sure how to go about installing the other card if that doesnt work.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanx in advance,

Alex

Just Joined!
    I had issues getting things started myself. I installed RH 9.0 on my laptop with the same exact card.

With my installation RH 9.0 saw it as the Orinoco card that it actually is. What you have to do from there is go to the network settings and setup the card for access through your WAP.

Keep in mind the following. When entering your WEP key (If you have one) make sure that you put it in HEX. Your WAP should give you the HEX values for it. Just put a 0x in front of the line and the WEP key will work. Just make sure that you are ready to go with all the information from your access point including SSID, WEP Key, Channel, and any other miscellaneous settings you may need for your particular WAP.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

- Grim