Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here is what I am to do: Log in as guest or root and click the livecd-install icon. For guest login enter root password - root when asked. Click on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PClinuxOS Installation question.

Here is what I am to do: Log in as guest or root and click the livecd-install icon. For guest login enter root password - root when asked. Click on the Disk Partition Button Create a swap partition double your memory or 2 gigs if interested in remastering pclinuxos Format the swap partition. Create a 5 gig or larger partition in ext3 or reiserfs format Make the mount point /mnt/pclinuxos (PCLinuxos will install in a 2.5 gig partition, but you might want more space to install additional software) Format the /mnt/pclinuxos partition making a note of the /dev/hdax number (ex. /dev/hda5). Exit diskdrake and say yes to have fstab update itself. Select the partition to install and uncheck the format box. Ok, well I load up the Install from live CD and brings up the diskdrake, well I cant really find anything im looking for, not even how to create a swap partition double your member step, can anyone help me with this? or have a link to screenshots or anything. Thanks.

The "double your RAM" argument is outdated. If you have 512MB of RAM or more you will not use or need more than 128MB of RAM.

Are you following these instructions?

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos/h...tallation.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Yes, and even that says to swap partition double your memory.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazda
    Yes, and even that says to swap partition double your memory.
    You're welcome to follow it if you want, but I'm just saying from my personal experience that it's just a huge waste of harddrive space.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Alright, Ill try it and see what happens.

Just Joined!
    Ok, Im going to try to dual boot it with windows,and I cannot find the swap partition double your memory, but anyway Im going to try and do the "create 5gig or larger partition in ext3" but I have a question, I cannot fine ext3 i can only find ext2, what can I do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazda
    Ok, Im going to try to dual boot it with windows,and I cannot find the swap partition double your memory, but anyway Im going to try and do the "create 5gig or larger partition in ext3" but I have a question, I cannot fine ext3 i can only find ext2, what can I do about that?
    I'm not trying to brush you off here, but have you considered installing a Linux distribution that will do all this partitioning for you? Fedora Core? Mandriva? SuSE?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

It was my understanding that PcLinuxOS did all the partitioning and all of that good stuff.

PcLinuxOS was one of the easiest distros to install that I have ever done.
    It didn't last very long on my system as everything was taken care of for me.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    It was my understanding that PcLinuxOS did all the partitioning and all of that good stuff.
    That is confusing me as well. I don't remember having to go through all this the last time I installed PCLinuxOS.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants