Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im trying to install Linux (dual boot) to see which distro I want to be my main OS (yes.. dropping windows). When I boot my system, the Mandrake 10.1 on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake Install - No CDROM Found.

Im trying to install Linux (dual boot) to see which distro I want to be my main OS (yes.. dropping windows).

When I boot my system, the Mandrake 10.1 on DVD boots and then produces a "No CDROM" found error.

My Hardware:

Asus A8N-VM CSM Mainboard in an Antec Cube.
    Athlon 64 3500+
    2 GB DDR 400 Dual Channel Ram
    250 GB Sata H.D.D
    Pioneer A09 DVD-R/+R RW.
    Using Onboard Geforce 6150 Video
    TV Card (ASUS)

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums...

Just wondering, did you buy an already burned DVD, or did you burn it yourself?

When you set your machine to boot from BIOS, could you have accidentally set it to boot from a cd-drive rather than a dvd-drive?

Just Joined!

DVD Distro...

Yeah I downloaded the latest Distro and burned it to DVD, I have extensive hardware knowledge of PC's, Bios setup to boot from cd/dvd drive, The disc boots and starts into setup, but then fails due to no cdrom found.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Check out the cheatcode options available to you by F-key before the disk begins to boot. You might be able to tell the setup routine where the cdrom is, or enabling some of the other codes might let you get past the point where the install is breaking.