Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install Xandros Version 3 Delux on my Dell Deminsion 8400, which is running XP Pro. Since my computer isn't set for booting from the CD drive, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation trouble - Xandros 3, using boot floppies

I am trying to install Xandros Version 3 Delux on my Dell Deminsion 8400, which is running XP Pro. Since my computer isn't set for booting from the CD drive, I made the two 3.5" installation boot floppies per the User Guide instructions. (These are used to kick things off in order to load Xandros from the CD.)

With Disk 1 in the floppy drive, I restart the computer. It seems to load the Disk 1 information fine; I eventually get the Xandros logo and a scolling light bar. I also see the message "Insert Disk 2 and press ENTER when ready..."

Okay, I then swap in Disk 2, hit ENTER, and... nothing happens. I see no activity at all. It does not seem to be attempting even to read from the floppy drive at that point. After a couple of minutes of no change or activity, I'm forced to just unplug the box in order to reboot (to use Windows again).

I have even tried making a second set of installation boot floppies, in case there was something wrong with the first set. However, the same thing happens with the second set.

Does anyone have an idea why this isn't working? Thanks.

Just Joined!