Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am attempting to use the Intel 2011B wireless USB device with RedHat 7.3. I can't find any driver for it, and was just hoping someone may know of another ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Lan

I am attempting to use the Intel 2011B wireless USB device with RedHat 7.3. I can't find any driver for it, and was just hoping someone may know of another driver which I could possibly use in its place.

Thanks in advance for any replies

John

Just Joined!

I don't know if 73 supports

I didn't have success with redhat 7.3 and my wireless network. It works great on the Redhat 8.0 though

Linux Guru
    I have an Intel 2011B wireless PC Card for one of my laptops, on which I had i similar problem. The thing is that Intel have made some funny stuff with their 2011B series. The PC Card (that I have), for example contains no built-in firmware, but it's uploaded to the card when inserted. Thus, it required a special driver, that I had to look for for like two months or something. I don't know what the case is with the USB device, but you might want to check out www.linux-wlan.org. If there's anything about those drivers that you wonder about, I suggest joining the mailing list they have instead of asking questions about their drivers on these forums. The chance of someone knowing the answer is far greater on the mailiing list. It wouldn't hurt, of course, if you posted the final solution here later on, for the good of others.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close