Find the answer to your Linux question:
Everytime I try to install Fedora core 4 on my system it seems to install fine but then when i reboot it loads the audio devices or whatever it does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora core 4 Installation problem

Everytime I try to install Fedora core 4 on my system it seems to install fine but then when i reboot it loads the audio devices or whatever it does first then it just gets hung up and freezes has anyone else had similiar problems or know a way to solve it. I have succesfuly installed Mandriva and Ubuntu however I really would prefer Fedora but don't have any luck. I'm sure it can't be the discs as they are coverdiscs from a magazine and i've tried 2 different sets of discs so i'm thinking it might be something wrong with my system.

At the point of loading where it says something like:

Starting storage network audio [ OK ]

but before it gets to the OK?

I've seen this on my USB-disk system for my laptop. The solution for me was to wait for several minutes until it got past it, there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong, just that it took such a long time. The problem did seem to be worse if I had some additional USB stuff plugged in (the Bluetooth dongle was particularly annoying). Maybe the solution is to disconnect unnecessary USB devices until you need them, and wait just a little bit longer.

I dont use the USB drive now, and I dont seem to suffer those problems when loading from IDE disk.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    well I tried that I left it up for about 15 minutes while I went to have a shower it seemed to just kinda freeze
    As for USB devices all I got is my printer and thats all thats permantly plugged in

I'm sorry then, I dont have any more suggestions. Maybe you could try without your printer plugged in, just as a test, but beyond that I'm outta ideas. Anybody else help?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/